Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 32 5:20PM

This blogging thing is tough; much harder than working. Most weekends I don't do it because that is the time I forget for a few brief, wonderful days that I am unemployed and I interact with my friends as if nothing has changed and I just happen to be saving my money for something important like a condor or calf implants (not the farm animal, the muscle). During the week I find myself occupied with searching for jobs and forcing my resume to fit the position (Luxury retail database experience? Sure! Experience generating promotional ideas to meet marketing objectives across multi-media channels? Why not!), slowly winding down my life here (anyone want a Nissan Rogue with two years left on the lease? How about a one-ton Sony Wega flat-screen TV?), surviving panic attacks, and re-watching Burn Notice on USA. I mean, where's the time?

Employed Dave vs. Let Go Dave: This one is a bit embarassing... I ate leftover sushi from dinner last night for lunch today. Employed Dave would've thrown it out and gotten the lunch special today.

1 comment:

  1. David - although tough your blog is funny and insightful. It's interesting to see your perspective on being unemployed and job searching. Plus it's sort of like free therapy. I wish the lessons were easy and came in pretty packages, but they aren't. Perhaps there is no reason except everyone is struggling right now in this shitty economy. I hope that you'll find something soon though. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

    XO-

    Gleana

    ReplyDelete