Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 25 2:30PM

I know they are trying to be supportive but people who respond to my situation with "Everything happens for a reason" need to be slapped. What could possibly be the reason for me to lose my job in the middle of the worst economy since the 30's? I mean, if somebody from my old job calls me tomorrow and says "You're so lucky you got laid off; they were transferring an elephant on the third floor and he crashed through the ceiling and crushed your desk at 10AM, right when you are always there" maybe I could believe it but otherwise I just don't see the logic in the statement. I know this was a huge issue on Scrubs as well but didn't it wind up with Nurse Roberts getting into a car accident and dying? Can someone remind me what the message was there?

1 comment:

  1. the whole "everything happens for a reason" bit usually doesn't become apparent til years down the line, so clearly you won't see any real explanation now. as steve jobs said in his 2005 stanford commencement address, you have to connect the dots *afterwards*. you can find his speech on youtube if you need some inspiration in general, though it's more about answering questions on what to do with your life.

    times like these are AFOG, as a professor of mine once said. "Another Fucking Opportunity for Growth."

    you could always pursue a new career as a writer...

    ReplyDelete