Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 16 10:46PM

I'm not going to lie - weekends have me confused. By name alone they mark the end of the week, and by extension the time when most people work. Hence they are usually filled with justified merriment - sleeping in late, margaritas by the pool, three-state bank robbing sprees. But when you are unemployed they are just another day - albeit one in which your friends with jobs are around and want to do things that cost money to celebrate their time away from work. So thank you unemployment, you've now ruined weekends for me as well.

On the plus side Bryce Decker from Executive Search Online saw my resume online and wanted to know am I still in the market for either a professional or executive job? My resume indicates that they may have openings at Executive Search Online that are appropriate to consider. However, if I am interested, they need some added information. In case you were unaware, Executive Search Online enjoys a growing reputation in executive circles as the fastest growing recruiting service. Their clients include a mixture of small and large firms, growth companies, and Fortune 1,000 corporations. They deal only in professional and executive openings. Given that they chose my resume out of thousands online I'm sure this unemployment thing won't last very long at all. So I got that going for me, which is nice...

Employed Dave vs. Let Go Dave: After our BBQ yesterday there was cleaning up to be done. Out of all the food there was just two pieces of chicken left and some people suggested we give it to the dog. Employed Dave would have been totally on board with this idea, as anything that pleases animals and curries favor with their owners is A-OK with him; Let Go Dave put the kibosh on that suggestion immediately (hey, I bought the chicken). Of course I ate one piece when I got home last night at 2AM but still, it's the principle behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment