Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 14 1:56PM

Is anything more depressing than taking 2+ hours to tweak your resume and cover letter and answer questions like "what is your ideal work environment" and "what are some professional highlights" for a job you don't really want and know you are not qualified to get? I could've spent that time doing productive things like search for a job I am marginally qualified for or shop for Ramen and cans of beans. I think I would appreciate it more if Monster had filtering software that would ask me "Are you sure about this? This job is asking for CPG experience and while I am sure it was a wonderful time of your life, doing Advertising and Marketing for a record release isn't really the same thing" before I got too pot-committed. Can we get some IT people on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment