Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 12 10:00AM

I woke up today with the same pit of anxiety I've had every morning since "The Event." Why is it when I am gainfully employed my body can will me to sleep until noon but when I have absolutely nothing to do it wakes me at the same time day laborers and newborns get up? There seems to be something unjust in that.

I see in my Gmail the lovely morning hello from my friend Indeed.com. Despite their cheery claims that there are 352 new jobs posted in my tightly restricted Job Alert (Marketing, NY, NY) I think only 7 are actually ones that I haven't seen multiple times before; they may need to tighten up their definition of "new." I must admit though, CyberCoders is starting to break me down with their constant presence in my life; I just wish they had a more non-IT friendly name. Right now I feel like a successful interview with them would entail me knowing the name of the computer in War Games (WOPR) and detailing the amount of hours I log onto Worlds of Warcraft per week (zero).

Senior Marketing Manager at Wal-Mart... hmmm. Is it too early to trade my soul for a job?

No comments:

Post a Comment