Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 13 11:36AM

I recently decided that I truly hate the term "hiring freeze." I feel like it is corporate jargon initially created by marketers (bless their souls) in the corporate HR department of a place like Unilever or Digitas to justify working their people harder with less headcount only it then mutated into a word that people now use when they don't feel like submitting your resume to HR. Also, there's never the opposite of a "hiring freeze;" I've never heard someone say that Company X is going on a "hiring binge" or a "hiring spree."

And to my post earlier regarding midnight being 12AM not 12PM, this is exactly why I find it confusing. I am writing this at 11:51AM but it is almost 12 hours after my last post. 11 is less than 12 so I feel like noon should be 12AM before starting PM at 1. This all makes sense in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment