Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 259 6:20PM

Employed Dave vs. Let Go Dave: It's been a while since I had an entry in this series, mostly because I no longer can faithfully recall how Employed Dave would react in most situations. This one, however, I am pretty sure of. Earlier today I decided that rather than pay $2.00 in quarters to park for one hour in Murray Hill before heading to AVEnts Catering and Special Events I would instead just sit in my Nissan Rogue that entire time. Many factors played into the decision besides the money: the loss of comfort associated with the elimination of eight (count 'em EIGHT) quarters from my center console; the fact that I would have to return to the car in an hour anyway since I needed to use it; the unfortunate timing of it being less than an hour but more than 45 minutes; the peace of mind I found in sitting in a parked car on 28th street and reading a book while my XM Radio played gently in the background. But at the end of the day, Employed Dave would've paid the $20, put the car in a lot for two hours, and enjoyed a nice medium coffee and small chocolate chip cookie at Gregory's on Park.

[Important Side Bar: There is a distinct possibility that I will be changing clothes in said Rogue in about two hours. I am an 18-month NMAC lease, a pair of Ernest Sewn jeans, and a tolerant family away from being homeless. In which case I will be moving to either Miami, San Diego, or Santa Monica. Just a heads up.]

No comments:

Post a Comment