Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 236 3:27PM


For my first entry of 2010 I figured I do this New Year's Eve style with some TIO resolutions:

I resolve to abbreviate Termed Into Oblivion in order to be more efficient.
I resolve to tailor my resume to the job even more and not just move things that seem more relevant to higher positions.
I resolve to use LinkedIn more in order to apply through someone directly and not through the evil online application systems that swallow your resume along with your hopes and dreams.
I resolve to spend more down time writing TIO (nice) and less down time doing things that make me feel like I am being productive but really aren't (like reading a White Paper on using economics to answer why NFL teams should go for it on 4th down or practicing Excel by creating a model to predict the best Sunday games to bet).
I resolve to get back to trying to make corn-cob pipes this year's skinny jeans. 
I resolve to get back to learning VBA so a piece of my soul no longer dies each time I tell interviewers I know it. 
I resolve to start going to bed sooner so that I feel better in the morning (resolution rehash 2003-2009). 
I resolve to stop snapping at people that tell me that "everything happens for a reason" and "something better will come along" and "sorry sir but you cannot pay for this beer with your Borders Rewards card."
I resolve to move on faster and remain more positive.
In that same vein, I resolve to cease my line of HR effigy dolls and accessories.
I resolve to never look back on this time of my life wistfully and solemnly say "I never knew how good I had it back then."
I resolve to look back at this list in a year, remember what I learned, acknowledge how I grew, stop fucking around, and get back to my job.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome read! I feel your pain, for I too am unemployed...since April, 09. Luv your resolutions. You've inspired me to maybe take heed to mine. Maybe by March @ least, lol. Happy [job] hunting! Wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete