Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 172 11:14AM

Since I haven't done it in a month (and it is an easy gimmick to get a blog post up) I thought it was time to revisit the postings out there:

Brand Manager/Marketing Manager - A Reputable Company - The best part of this one is if you go to the job description it is more of the same vague language: "Collaborates with home office and General Manager on overall marketing strategy", "Prepares and manages annual budget in accordance with media plan to achieve marketing goals", "Achieve marketing synergy with cross-functional business units and monitor ROI based on pre-defined benchmarks." (I made that last one up but admit it, it could fit just as easily).

Licensing Marketing Manager - American Girl/Mattel - I admit I have struggled with job opportunity more than once. On one side there is Mattel, a wonderful company to work for. On the other side, there is the unshakable mental image of my office covered in Barbie accessories while I try to figure out how to position Skipper's new hybrid convertible.

Marketing Manager - Halliburton - The one case where'd I'd probably lie and say I was the Licensing Marketing Manager for Barbie.

Marketing Licensee Manager - National Wild Turkey Federation - Sure, at first this seems like the dream: marketing 101 Proof Bourbon to college students and Red States everywhere. Topless co-eds, all day tailgates, and Toby Keith concerts. Nope, the NWTF is a national nonprofit wild turkey conservation and hunting organization.

National Brand Marketing Manager - Red Bull North America - Fantastic opportunity but I don't see myself making it past the first day when I go on a lengthy, profanity-laced tirade about their ridiculously bad commercials.

Product Marketing Manager - Carol's Daughter - Listen, I think we all admire Carol for the incredibly proactive and out-of-the-box measures she's taking to achieve her daughter's popularity. However I really think a more traditional approach of after-school activities coupled with better clothes and a BMW will net her friends with a smaller overall investment. Worst-case scenario you allow kids to drink in your basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment