Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 123 2:20PM

People that know me know that I have this little issue in my life where there is a direct correlation to the length of an email sent to me and the length of time it takes me to respond. It's clearly a problem, especially in situations where you need to tell me a story in order to get my opinion or you need to hear yourself talk and have me agree with you. I am having the same issue with Termed Into Oblivion but I am going to address it... not every post has to be long and not every post has to be incredibly insightful and/or funny.

That being said, I'd like to pose the question: Where the F**K do online job applications go once you hit submit? I ask because I've had the pleasure of, to date, filling out roughly 63 online applications and approximately ONE has called back (from a job I applied for three months ago). Now don't claim to be the ideal applicant who thinks his response percentage should be the same as Megan Fox's JDate profile, but 2%??? C'mon. I have an MBA from NYU; I have 7+ years of Marketing experience with major companies; my interests include reading and boxing - could any sane HR person resist all that?? The answer in a resounding "NO!" Thus I can only assume that these online applications wind up in the same parallel universe that childrens' letters to Santa, Duane Reade "Tell Us How We're Doing" customer service cards, and Lindsey Lohan's coherent Tweets reside in. A dark world where requests for a Wii go unanswered, racially charged curse-words are misspelled, pleas to a lesbian DJ remain ignored, and a strong candidate's desire to participate in a personal interview to answer any of your questions and better present his qualifications is heard by not a soul.

1 comment:

  1. i don't know where LindsEy Lohan's tweets go, but i hear Sam Ronson is printing out all of LindsAy Lohan's tweets and making a collage out of them to hang over her bed. weird? nah, it's just what the artsy-lesbian--i mean, cool kids--are doing. those nutty angelenos...

    also, you're not a new yorker living in vegas anymore. gotta fix that cause it's killing me. thank god you still can't add 5 + 8!

    ReplyDelete